4 reasons to drink a good wine
Good wine is good, indeed, it is very good and scientists tell us. In fact, adding a moderate amount of wine (1 maximum 2 glasses a day, preferably with meals), can also bring benefits to physical and psychological health.
Luckily, who doesn't love drinking a glass of wine at dinner or when going out with friends?
I have collected four good reasons to drink a good glass of wine, after a long day of work in company or, simply, to selfishly enjoy a moment of personal pleasure, a simple refuge from the daily frenzy.
1. Physical health . Here you can indulge yourself. Among the notable benefits are:
- those contributing to the digestive system, thanks to the active ferments present;
- the presence of antioxidants contribute to the "fight against free radicals";
- reducing the risk of heart disease, heart attack and type 2 diabetes;
- lowering cholesterol and controlling blood sugar.
2. Psychological health . Good wine promotes relaxation. Nobody swallows wine. Whether you are enjoying a glass alone, at the end of the day, or with a group of friends, a glass of wine encourages you to relax, slow down and enjoy the moment. When paired with food, wine enhances and improves the taste sensation. It therefore has a positive psychological effect.
3. Stimulate creativity. Charles Baudelaire in " The Flowers of Evil" says that wine represents an opportunity for reflection, starting from the physicality of the wine itself, on man's ability to "get drunk", that is, to be full of vitality, will and passions and, above all, creativity in the course of one's life to deceive "the horrible burden of time". The wine is exalted by the "cursed poet" as a medium, as a means to free oneself from the laces of the contingent and reach a dimension of flight, poetry, connections, in a sort of all-round drunkenness.
4. Does wine give life to friendship, or " friendship is the wine of life "? (cit. Edward Young). A bit like all Marzullian questions, the answer is both. Certainly, without wine, man is a boring being, too serious and dedicated only to everyday problems, on the contrary encouraged by a good glass of wine, he opens up to relationships and friendships become an interesting instrument of happiness.
No posts found